» In this Section
- Information for Students
- Approved Qualifications
- About Approval & Monitoring
- Criteria & Standards of Proficiency
- Education Consultation Reports
- International Qualifications
- CPD for Registrants
Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians Approved Qualifications
Approved Qualifications for the purpose of registration in the Register of Optometrists
The following qualifications are currently “approved qualifications” for the purposes of registration in the Register of Optometrists:
(1) Bachelor of Science in Optometry from DIT and AOI PQE Letter of Qualification
All Dispensing Opticians must apply to have their qualifications recognised by CORU before they apply for registration as they hold an international qualification.
Those with International Qualifications must apply to have their qualifications recognised by CORU before applying for registration.