Frequently Asked Questions - International Qualifications Faqs
You are required to complete the eVetting process with the National Vetting Bureau as it is a requirement of registration.
eVetting will involve the following steps:
1. Download eVetting Invitation Form (NVB1) from CORU website - available for download here.
2. Complete eVetting Invitation Form.
3. Attach proof of identity and current address to completed eVetting Invitation Form.
4. Post completed eVetting Invitation Form and attachments to CORU.
5. You will receive an email inviting you to apply for vetting online (within 1 week).
6. Follow the link in the email to complete the eVetting Application Form (NVB2) online.
7. You will be notified by e-mail when the eVetting outcome has been received by CORU.
For more detailed information about the eVetting Process, please see the Guidance Notes.
An international qualification is a qualification gained outside the State.
Please click here where you will find information on applying for recognition of international qualifications.
Recognition of international qualifications is a separate process. It is a pre-requisite to registration.
CORU is the competent authority for the recognition of international qualifications.
No, if you hold an international qualification you must apply to have it recognised before you can proceed to make an application for registration.
It can take up to 16 weeks from the time of the file being deemed complete.
The fee for recognition of international qualifications is €410.