This consultation is now closed.
In 2014, elections will take place to appoint members to the Social Workers Registration Board.
This is the second election of members to the Board and the vacancies to be filled are
- Category 1:– Two vacancies for registrants who are engaged in the practice of the profession
- Category 2:– Two vacancies for registrants who are engaged in the management of services provided by the profession
- Category 3:– One vacancy for a registrant who is engaged in the education and training of persons in the State with respect to the practice of the profession
The Board made a bye-law to set out the conduct of elections for the appointment of members to the Board in 2012 under the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005 (as amended).
Proposed Amendments to Bye-Law:
We are seeking your views on the proposed amendments to the bye-law Election of members for appointment to the Social Workers Registration Board (2014) for consideration before it is made by the Board with Council approval.
It is proposed to make technical amendments to the bye-law, including:
- To facilitate the filling of multiple vacancies in the election including those that have not been filled through previous elections
- To provide for safeguards against conflict of interest relating to scrutineers
- To provide for the appointment of alternate scrutineers
- To clarify the procedures relating to the opening of inner envelopes.
You can view the Election of members for appointment to the Social Workers Registration Board Bye- Law 2012.
Comments can be submitted as follows -
- Via an online consultation feedback form: here
- By emailing email@example.com
- In writing to Public Consultation, CORU, 13 - 15 The Mall, Beacon Court, Bracken Rd., Sandyford, Dublin 18.
- A report outlining the consultation process will be published following consideration of all submissions.
The consultation process will close at 5pm on Friday 14 March 2014.
Any submissions received after this time will not be considered.