The Minister for Health invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to one or more of the non-professional (lay) positions on the Health and Social Care Professionals Council and the eight Registration Boards it currently oversees.
There are currently six non-professional vacancies on the Council/Registration Boards to be filled. It is proposed to establish a panel to fill vacancies arising in the following non-professional positions on the Council and Registration Boards as they arise:
- To be representative of the management of the public health sector, the social care sector or both sectors
- To be representative of the management of a voluntary or private sector organisation concerned with health or social care
- To be representative of the interests of the general public
- To have such qualifications, interests and experience as, in the opinion of the Minister, would be of value to the Council in performing its functions
In addition a panel will be formed from which candidates will be called as required. The panel will expire after 2 years.
All candidates must demonstrate significant professional experience at an appropriately senior level of two or more of the following:
- Executive management
- Corporate governance
- Risk management
- Change management
- Strategic planning
- Sectoral knowledge/experience
- Experience of regulation/operating in a regulatory environment
- Financial management and accounting skills
The following are also considered desirable:
- Demonstrate an ability to build key relationships, and build consensus amongst diverse stakeholders
- Previous Board experience
- Knowledge of the Irish healthcare system
For further information and details on how to apply, please click here to visit the State Boards website.
The closing date for submission of application forms is 3 February 2017.