What CORU will do for You
The key driver behind the regulation of health and social care professionals is patient and service user safety.
The public must have confidence that the professional providing the service is properly qualified, competent and of good standing.
CORU’s role is to:
• Set the standards that health and social care professionals must meet
• Make sure that the relevant educational bodies deliver qualifications that prepare professionals to provide safe and appropriate care
• Maintain and publish a Register of health and social care professionals who meet our standards
• Make sure that registered professionals keep their skills up to date by promoting continuing professional development
• Run Fitness to Practise hearings into the conduct and competence of a registered member.