Guidance Notes for Social Care Workers
Welcome to CORU’s recognition and registration application processes.
To initiate the registration process, please click on the link: https://coru.portaleu.thentiacloud.net/webs/portal/
This page gives you an overview of the main stages in using our online system to apply for registration with CORU. However, to understand exactly what we need, you must read the Guidance Notes - Applying for registration online for first-time applicants. The Guidance Notes can be accessed at the end of this page and are separated into three documents, based on the three application pathways, which are:
- Recognition / Registration – Section 38: Please select this application type if you have obtained your qualification outside of the Republic of Ireland.
- Registration – Section 38: Please select this application type if you are a new graduate and have obtained your qualification in the Republic of Ireland or are turning to the profession.
- Registration – Section 91: Please select this application type if you are an existing practitioner of the profession (also known as the grandparenting route). Please note that this application type is only open for two years (known as the transitional period) and from 1 December 2025 only the Section 38 application route will be available.
What are the deadlines I need to know?
We advise you to read the Guidance Notes before you start your online application and to gather the documents you need for your application. It may take you longer than you think to get some information we need. It will all depend on your particular circumstances but you can contact us by phone 01-293 3160 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (for international qualification queries) or email@example.com (for all other queries) if you have any questions.
What documents will I need to submit?
Depending on your type of application, you will be required to submit different documentation. The below is only a summary of documents required, please read the Guidance Notes for a full break-down of the documents required. Please note that some of these documents will need to be certified, please make sure to read the Recognition (if you qualified outside of Ireland) and Registration Guidance Notes for more information on who can certify your documents.
Required Documents List
Please ensure to read the Guidance Notes for a full breakdown of the documentation required as part of your application.
- Proof of Eligibility (Certified)
- Qualification Certificate, Transcript, Syllabus (Certified)
- Practice Placement Information (Stamped by University)
- Internship (if applicable) (stamped by University/ Internship provider)
- CPD (if applicable) (Certified)
- Employment History (if applicable) (Stamped by Employer)
- Proof of identity (Certified)
- Statutory Declaration (Certified)
- eVetting Invitation Form
- Passport-sized photographs
- Certificates of Criminal Clearance (if applicable) (certified)
- Letters of Good Standing (if applicable)
- Proof of Professional practice (if applicable)
What are the main stages of applying to register?
Once you have read the Guidance Notes and gathered the documents you need, you can proceed to submit your online application for registration.
Access the Applicant Portal by clicking the below link:
Please note that the Applicant Portal can be accessed on browsers such as Edge, Chrome and Safari. If you are using Internet Explorer, please download one of the above browsers to ensure you can safely and securely navigate through the Applicant Portal.
Step 2: Create your Account
Make sure to read our Guidance Notes on how to navigate through the Applicant Portal before you start the application process.
Step 3: Select your application pathway
Make sure you have read this page in full and read the Guidance Notes that is applicable to you before starting the application process.
Step 4: Complete your application
Please note that we can only accept completed applications. You will need to submit all of the relevant documents, completely correctly, in order for us to be able to process your application for registration. You may save and return to your application at any time.
Step 5: Pay the fee
The final stage of the online application process will be paying the fee online. Once you have paid the application fee, your application will be sent to us and an acknowledgement email will be sent to the email address you have provided us.
We will be in touch in respect of your application in due course.