Panel of Assessors
CORU would like to invite applications from suitably qualified individuals interested in becoming a member of the Panel of Assessors for several of our Registration Boards.
We are seeking professional practitioners and academics (educators on relevant professional programmes) as assessors for the Registration Boards outlined below.
- Dietitians Registration Board
- Medical Scientists Registration Board
- Occupational Therapists Registration Board
- Optical Registration Board (Dispensing Opticians)
- Physiotherapists Registration Board
- Podiatrists Registration Board
- Radiographers Registration Board (Radiation Therapists)
- Social Workers Registration Board
- Speech and Language Therapists Registration Board
Academic assessors should have a minimum of five years’ professional experience in the delivering and evaluating of academic training courses in the relevant profession. Any additional assessment experience is also desirable.
Professional practitioners should have a minimum of four years professional experience in the profession. Additional assessment experience is also desirable.
The expertise and assistance of the assessors will be used to make recommendations to the Board on the following:
Applications made under Transition Arrangements
- Qualifications for applications made under transitional arrangements
- Assessments of Professional Competence for applicants applying under the transitional arrangements.
- Recognition of International Qualifications applications
- Completed Period of Adaptation reports
- Aptitude Tests
- Returners to Practice
- Restoration to the register
Full training will be provided. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Panel of Assessors please complete the application form and return it via email to email@example.com.
For further information on Assessors’ roles and responsibilities, please see the attached policy document.