Physiotherapists - Approved Qualifications
Approved by the Physiotherapists Registration Board
The following qualifications have been approved by the Physiotherapists Registration Board as attesting to the standard of proficiency required for registration for Physiotherapists.
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy, University of Limerick
- Master of Science in Physiotherapy (Professional Qualification), University of Limerick
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy, National University of Ireland, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Master of Science Physiotherapy (pre-registration), National University of Ireland, University College Dublin
- Honours Degree Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy), National University of Ireland, University College Dublin
- Professional Master of Physiotherapy, National University of Ireland, University College Dublin
- Bachelor in Science in Physiotherapy (BSc (Physio)) from the University of Dublin awarded to graduates on successful completion of the four year pathway/programme to this award
- Master of Science in Physiotherapy, University College Cork
Section 91 Applicants under Transition or Grand-Parenting Arrangements
An applicant who can provide evidence of engagement in the profession of physiotherapy in Ireland for two out of the five years leading up to the opening of the Register must either have a qualification which is set out in Schedule 3 of the Act or is included in the HSE list of qualifications.
All other Applicants (Section 38) - Standard Arrangements
An applicant who is commencing the practice of the profession as a physiotherapist (or who does not meet the practice requirements for section 91 above) must have a qualification which is included in the HSE list of qualifications in order to be eligible to apply for registration.
Applicants with international/overseas qualifications
Where an applicant is applying for registration on the basis of an international/overseas qualification which has not been previously recognised by the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists, he or she must first apply to CORU for the recognition of his/her qualifications and receive confirmation that he/she meets the standards of proficiency for registration as a physiotherapist prior to applying for registration to CORU.